D1 properties are properties that are labelled as non residential institutions and can cover a wide range of specialist use properties as follows:
- for the provision of education
- for, or in connection with, public worship or religious instruction
- for the provision of any medical or health services except the use of premises attached to the residence of the consultant or practioner
- as a crêche, day nursery or day centre
- for the display of works of art (otherwise than for sale or hire)
- as a museum
- as a public library or public reading room
- as a public hall or exhibition hall
These properties are not easy to locate but we have built up a substantial database through our extensive contacts and have dealt with many transactions for this type of space since we were established.
There are many different types of common problems that companies and individuals have sourcing this type of property and once found,many pitfalls that can occur.
Often a property will be found that does not have a D1 use, we have a specialist planner that assists our clients to obtain a D1 use.
One of the major issues is that whilst on the face of it a property may appear to be suitable, there are often issues with these properties in terms of the number of people that the property needs to accommodate in relation to the number of fire escape staircases and the provision of toilets within a property.
Many properties are not suitable for the purpose that a D1 occupier wishes to use them for and we aim to assist you to find the right property without having the need for a number of abortive transactions.
Below we list some of the transactions that we have recently been involved with
- Acquisition of 45,000 sq ft for a new college campus in Docklands London E14 for a private higher education college.
- Acquisition of 60,000 sq ft for a University Campus in Central London.
- Acquisition of 30,000 sq ft for an accountancy college in City of London.
- Sale of a 5,000 sq ft religious building in Hackney London E8
- Acquisition of a new Church in Stratford London E15
IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO BUY RENT OR SELL A PROPERTY THAT HAS OR NEEDS TO HAVE A D1 USE, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM ON THIS PAGE AND ONE OF OUR AGENTS WILL RESPOND TO YOUR ENQUIRY